Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Not one to let custard dump on my karma...

I bought all the ingredients the Tuesday before class and gave myself 3 hours to complete 3 of the 4 items on our assignment list for class. We aren't allowed to bring anything in from home to count towards our competed items, but practicing is ENCOURAGED.

I cranked out pot de creme, bread pudding, and creme anglaise in two hours, taking pictures so that I would be able to show proof that I could actually make the stuff without having issues. Come the next evening in school, I was able to confidently stride into class on Wednesday evening and crank out: Pot de Creme, Creme Brule, Creme Anglaise, Creme Caramel and Bread Pudding! It was amazing and I was really proud of my work.

Vanilla Pot de Creme

IMGP0574.JPG

Creme Caramel
IMGP0567.JPG

Creme Brule
IMGP0577.JPG

Firing Creme Brule
IMGP0576.JPG

Cracking Creme Brule - my favorite part!
IMGP0578.JPG



It taught me a huge lesson too about the benefits of practicing beforehand. So, I know what I will be doing on Tuesday and Thursday nights, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!

No comments: