Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Week 1, Day 2: Brandy Snaps

Day 2 got better. I actually made something that tasted pretty good-Brandy Snaps-and my comfort level maneuvering around the front kitchen was higher.

We also had an opportunity to pipe dough and whipped cream for the first time using a pastry bag and pastry tips. Piping can be very difficult until you get the hang of it, which I have yet to do.

Practicing is an integral part of becoming a competent pastry chef. And I was eager to put my new skills to good use.

Instead of creating Brandy Snaps according to the recipe (which called for ginger), I made them with cinnamon and spiked the whipped cream with a bit of cinnamon and vanilla. Here you can see the fruits of my labor. I have to say, they looked great!

Party BrandySnaps.JPG

1 comment:

Jay said...

those look amazing- can you mail me some?